Although I am awake, it does not mean that I have ambition; the candy is hidden in the closet, and that means I have to haul my butt to said closest, and I don't wanna. So I continue to search for answers on the web, sans chocolate. I did stumble upon something of interest, though. Dr. Lissa Rankin has a blog called 'Owning Pink'. She talks about (among other interesting ideas) natural supplements to help one sleep, or rather, get to sleep! Has anyone tried these?
- Taurine 1000-2000mg daily before sleep. You can repeat the dose if you wake up at night to help you get back to sleep.
- L-tryptophan, taken with taurine, helps promote sleep. Taurine has a calming effect and L-tryptophan has a more hypnotic effect. Take 500-3000mg before sleep. Begin with 500mg and increase every third day by 500mg as needed. If you wake up at night, take half your nighttime dose.
- Vitamin B6- 100-300mg/day with food.
- Magnesium glycinate 400-1000mg/day with food. Begin with the lowest dose and increase by 100mg/day. Reduce your dose if your stools are loose.
- Valerian root extract- use as directed on the label.